Rates and Fees
- It is Nora Kramer Designs policy to provide services on a flat-fee basis as much as possible.
- Monthly website hosting and maintenance services, as well as monthly content marketing, search engine optimization, and social media services are billed a monthly fee depending on the scope of work provided.
- For services billed hourly Nora Kramer Designs currently charges a fee of $125.00 per hour.
- Clients under a monthly service contract, other than website hosting, are eligible for a reduced hourly rate depending on the work requested.
- Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to charge a rush fee of 50% to 100% for any project to be completed in less than our standard turnaround time.
Terms of Service
- Nora Kramer Designs requires a deposit to start any project:
- Projects costing $1,000 or less need to be prepaid in full. With the exception of monthly website plans.
- Projects over $1,000 require a deposit of 50%, with a 25% payment due upon first proof, and the balance before website launch.
- To keep all projects current Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to invoice clients monthly for work performed if their project takes longer than 30 days to complete.
- It is our policy to provide all clients with a written proposal and contract for review and acceptance. It is the client’s responsibility to review the proposal and contract and request any changes or additions in writing or via email before an estimate becomes final.
- If a project gets canceled by the client after accepting our estimate and contract the client will be responsible for a cancellation fee equal to 30% of the total project value, plus any billable hours to date.
- Depending on the nature of a project the client will be given a timeline for providing required deliverables, such as content, images, logos, etc. If the client falls behind the provided timeline we will work with the client as much as possible to get back on track.
- However, if the client falls more than 15 days behind Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to suspend the project and bill the client for all billable hours to date.
- If a project falls more than 30 days behind Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to terminate the project and bill the client for the entire project balance.
- Clients who had their projects suspended or terminated must pay any outstanding balance plus any applicable charges to commence their project before Nora Kramer Designs continues any work on their project.
- Payment is due upon receipt.
- Invoices are emailed to the billing address or email on file for your account. Invoices for services such as hosting, website maintenance, content creation, and social media marketing campaigns and search engine optimization require a credit card on file for auto payments.
- Existing clients in good standing may qualify for a credit account. If you would like to inquire about establishing a credit account for your company please contact us to make arrangements.
- Nora Kramer Designs issues invoices via Harvest. Please note that it is the client’s responsibility to submit payments in a timely fashion so they are processed on or before the due date.
Late Payment and Non-Payment
- Clients unable to make payments by the due date must inform Nora Kramer Designs by emailing email@example.com at least 10 days before payment is due. Nora Kramer Designs will work with the client to determine a new payment schedule. The client will be responsible for applicable interest charges, but Nora Kramer Designs may waive any late fees.
- Hosting and monthly service fees are paid via credit card on file on auto-draft.
- There will be an additional $50 fee for bounced checks.
- Hosting payments not received within 15 days of the due date, at the discretion of Nora Kramer Designs, may be subject to service and/or account disconnect and a 1.5% finance charge. A re-connection fee of $75 will apply. Disconnect does not relieve the customer of responsibility to remit payment, nor does it constitute a request for service termination (see below).
- Nora Kramer Designs retains ownership of all programming, design, graphics, photography, content, development and other services until payment is received in full or contract obligation and payments have been fulfilled.
- Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to immediately disconnect any account and withhold materials and files until the balance is paid in full.
- Payments received after the due date are subject to a $125 late fee and a 1.5% interest charge per month. Invoices with totals under $500 will be subject to a $50 late fee and a 1.5% interest charge per month.
- All requests for service termination of hosting and maintenance must be received in writing to the address above no less than 30 days prior to the date of termination.
- You can also email requests for service termination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service termination will cause your hosting and maintenance to no longer be provided.
- When terminating hosting and maintenance service, client will need to have another hosting company in place to serve up their website. Otherwise, termination will cause the website to no longer be available online, as no hosting will be in place for the site.
- Access will be given to client’s hosting cPanel for such a move, but it will be up to the new hosting company or web developer to handle the move for client, unless client pays a migration fee to have Nora Kramer Designs do the migration for them.
- Nora Kramer Designs reserves the right to charge a website migration fee of $500.00, payable in full before any website will be migrated.
- Clients who wish to move their website from our servers to a third-party hosting account must provide full access to their new hosting account no less than 15 days prior to service termination.
- Clients terminating website maintenance contracts may request the final backup files made on the day of termination via Google Drive or Dropbox. All backups will be in the form of a WP-All-In-One Migration file only.
- Your new web developer will be able to migrate from that file. They may need the Unlimited version to do so, depending on the size of your website. We will not provide client, hosting company, or developer with the Pro version of this plugin free of charge, as every user must have their own licensed version. The a license for the Unlimited version is available for purchase from the developer at https://servmask.com/products/unlimited-extension, should it be needed.
- Most hosting companies do not offer the same level of monthly maintenance that Nora Kramer Designs does. It will be up to you to be sure that all of your software is up-to-date and your website gets backed up on a regular basis after termination. Nora Kramer Designs will no longer be responsible for the care of your website in any fashion, after termination of services.